- How to Connect Arlo Camera to Google Home Hub? – Overview
- Connecting the voice-enabled speakers to Google assistant
- Steps regarding how to connect Arlo camera to Google home hub
- Frequently asked questions regarding how to connect Arlo camera to Google home hub
- Q1. Are Arlo cameras compatible with Google home?
- Q2. Are Arlo cameras compatible with Google Nests?
- Q3. How to pull up the Arlo camera feed on Google home?
- Q4. Why can’t Google home stream my Arlo cameras?
- Bottom-line for How to connect Arlo camera to Google home hub
How to Connect Arlo Camera to Google Home Hub? – Overview
Connecting your Arlo camera to Google Home Hub adds a lot more convenience to your home security system. Learn how to connect the Arlo camera to Google Home Hub and the rest of the process is as simple as a walk in the park.
To start ahead with the connection process, you first need to ensure the availability of the following apps and devices
• Arlo camera that is compatible with Google assistant (Arlo Pro series and Arlo Ultra series)
• Google home hub, a media player or TV with Chromecast, and a Chromecast device
• Google assistant application on your smart device
Now, if you aim to connect the voice-enabled speaker with Google Assistant, you need to set it up beforehand.
Connecting the voice-enabled speakers to Google assistant
To establish the connection between Google assistant and vice enabled speaker, make sure the speaker comes on board with the built-in Chromecast.
Also, ensure that the smart device and the voice-enabled speaker are connected to the same wifi network. Afterward, follow the below process:
• Launch the Google Home app on your smart device
• Tap on the ‘Your Account’ option at the top right
• Check whether the Google account is connected to the voice-enabled speaker already. If note, tap on Another account or Add Another Account
• Select Assistant settings > Devices > Add device
• The Google home app will now look for the available remote devices on the same wifi network. To add the voice-enabled speaker, simply select the check next to the device name
• You can add multiple devices while using this Add device option.
• In case you receive any error message, try to factory reset the voice-enabled speaker
Steps regarding how to connect Arlo camera to Google home hub
Once you are done with establishing a connection between the voice-enabled speaker and the Google Assistant, you can now proceed with connecting the Arlo camera to the Google home hub. To start ahead, go by the following process.
• Run the Google Assistant application on your smart device
• Tap on the Add ( +) icon on the home page of the application
• Select Set Up Device >Have something set up already?
• You will find the available devices for the setup process. Select the Arlo camera name from the list of available devices.
• Sign in to the app with your Arlo account and your Arlo camera is now connected to the Google Home smart hub.
• Test the functioning by saying HEY GOOGLE, SHOW (NAME OF THE ARLO CAMERA)
• To conclude the video stream, simply say HEY GOOGLE, STOP ( NAME OF THE ARLO CAMERA)
You can refer to the user manual of the Google smart home hub to get the required assistance regarding its functioning and commands list.
Frequently asked questions regarding how to connect Arlo camera to Google home hub
Q1. Are Arlo cameras compatible with Google home?
A. Only selected Arlo cameras from the Arlo Pro series and Arlo Ultra series are compatible for usage with Google home.
Check the specifications and compatibility of the given Arlo camera before making its purchase.
Q2. Are Arlo cameras compatible with Google Nests?
A. Most of the Arlo cameras are compatible with Google Home or Nest Hub. Still, to properly view or manage the feed, you may need a Chromecast device.
You can check out Nest Hub or Nest Hub Max to get the best services and results in the same respect.
Q3. How to pull up the Arlo camera feed on Google home?
A. You may need to use a separate Chromecast device to pull up the Arlo camera feed on Google home. Without it, you may not be able to retrieve the desired output or results.
Q4. Why can’t Google home stream my Arlo cameras?
A. There could be some issues with settings in the Arlo camera, Chromecast device or the Google Assistant app.
Try putting the devices to factory default settings and reconnecting them while using the abovementioned process regarding how to connect the Arlo camera to the Google home hub.
Bottom-line for How to connect Arlo camera to Google home hub
The steps and instructions mentioned above are subject to change according to the updates launched by Arlo cameras and Google smart hub.
Please refer to the user manual or the official website of the manufacturers for any further assistance.