How to Reset Blink Camera? – Getting Started
Home security has always been a priority for most people. Everyone wants to be safe and be notified when something affecting their security happens.
Fortunately, there are many security devices for you to set up inside and outside your home.
One of the brands making a difference is Blink with its mid-range smart cameras.
You can add them to your home and boost security since they are easy to set up and use. What’s more, you can connect several of them and get a comprehensive view of your home.
However, tech devices sometimes have issues that can force you to reset them.
Or maybe you’re replacing them, and you want to wipe them so that you can give or sell them to someone else. So here are the steps you should follow to reset your Blink camera.
Most cameras in Blink’s line-up have to be connected to the sync module; you might need only to reset the module.
However, if you have the Blink Minis, you need to reset them locally because they don’t rely on the sync module. Let’s go!
When Should I Reset My Blink Camera?
There are two main reasons why people reset their Blink cameras:
- The first one is when the camera is malfunctioning.
- The second is when you want to clear the camera completely.
So if you have problems with your Blink camera, consider resetting it because it might fix the problem. However, if resetting doesn’t work for you, consider power cycling your sync module or WiFi router to see if this solves the problem.
Reset Blink Indoor, Outdoor, XT and XT2
While Blink Mini cameras have an external reset button usually located on the sides of the cameras, newer Blink cameras such as the XT have a reset button under the back cover.
- To reset the XT, start by deleting the camera from the App. Click on the ‘?’ icon followed by ‘Delete Sync Module,’ then enter the serial number and then ‘Delete.’
- Next, power up the camera and remove the back cover.
- Then use a small safety pin or sim ejector tool to poke into the small hole situated on the left of the right-hand battery. Ensure you hold down the reset button inside the small home for about 10 seconds or more.
- As you press the reset button, eject the batteries from the camera.
- Now you’ll see a red light flickering, indicating your Blink camera is disconnected from the sync module and has been fully reset.
- Finally, you can reconnect the camera to the App and WiFi.
Reset Blink Mini
Unlike The Blink XT and XT2 illustrated above, the Blink Mini doesn’t need a Sync module to work. So you can reset easily without the module.
- To reset the Blink Mini, you only need to press the reset button. The Blink Mini’s reset button is on its bottom side. You need to press and hold this button for about 10 to 15 seconds.
- Once you press the button, the reset process will start. Once the reset process is done, you’ll see a blue and green light flickering.
- The Blink Mini can be connected to a module, so you can use it to reset your camera. But, you’ll have to follow the Blink XT2 reset steps illustrated above. This means you’ll reset the camera and then reinstall the sync module on the App and reconnect to WiFi.
Reset Blink Sync Module
To reset a Blink camera connected to the Sync module, you can also reset the module itself. Keep in mind that if you opt for this method, you’ll disconnect all the cameras paired to the sync module and revert the module to setup mode.
To reset the Blink Sync Module:
- Start by disconnecting the USB power cable from the Sync Module.
- Next, turn the module on its side to face the reset switch up.
- Now use a thin object such as a paper clip, safety pin, sim ejector tool, or toothpick to press and hold the reset button.
- Next, reconnect the USB power cable to the Sync Module’s power port.
- Wait for the light on the front of the camera to turn red.
- Next, release the reset button.
- Finally, your Blink Sync Module should power up and enter configuration or setup mode. You’ll know this happened when the front light flickers blue and green.
As illustrated above, resetting your Blink camera is easy, but it’s not always necessary.
When you have an issue with your Blink camera, start by power cycling your Sync Module and WiFi router. If the problem persists, you can reset the camera.
How to Connect Blink Camera to Alexa
How to Connect Blink Camera to Echo Show 5